The Herbal Alchemist’s Handbook by Karen Harrison
Herbal Alchemist’s Handbook: A Grimoire of Philtres. Elixirs, Oils, Incense, and Formulas for Ritual Use by Karen Harrison
Herbs have been used for medicine, magic, and ritual for centuries.
The ancient arts of Herbal Alchemy and Herbal Magick combine an understanding of the healing and energizing effects of herbs (roots, leaves, flowers, resins and essential oils) with an understanding of the cycles of the natural world–the astrological movement of the stars and planets, and the cycles of the earth’s seasons.
In this easy-to-use compendium of herbs and their energy associations, master herbalist and magick practitioner Karen Harrison offers formulas anyone can use to obtain courage, creativity, and lasting health, to increase prosperity and to enhance psychic and spiritual powers.
Harrison shows how to select herbs based on their astrological associations as well as their medicinal properties. with a materia magica of more than 150 herbs and a multitude of recipes, readers will learn how to blend incense, ceremonial oils, bath salts, herbal amulets, fluid condensers, and herbal philtres; and how to use them in meditation, ritual, or energy work.
Discover the best herbs to improve any area of your life, based on their planetary energies:
* Health and Success. Sun herbs: St. John’s Wort, Chamomile, Calendula
* Meditation and Dreamwork. Moon herbs: jasmine, sandalwood, myrrh
* Motivation and Energy at Work. Herbs of Mars: Safflower, red sandalwood, ginger, and honeysuckle
* Prosperity. The Herbs of Jupiter: Carnation, Cedar, Oakmoss and Pine.
* Protection and Stability. The Herbs of Saturn: Hyssop, Garlic, Coriander, Patchouli or Chaparral.