Framing Floors, Walls and Ceilings: Floors, Walls, and Ceilings (For Pros By Pros)
All new…completely updated best-seller: Framing Floors, Walls & Ceilings. With a fresh new design and the latest, up-to-the-minute content, this edition more than lives up to its billing as part of the For Pros By Pros series. Loaded with essential field-tested information from working pros it’s the go-to resource for pros and serious non-pros, covering all this and more:
- Construction methods, techniques, and trade secrets from some of today’s finest builders from across the country
- In-depth instruction on specific types of framing fundamentals and materials
- The most current information on energy-efficient framing practices
Learn the latest from the best in the business! Framing Floors, Walls & Ceilings distills decades of builder-tested methods and techniques as some of America’s finest builders pass on their hard-won secrets and latest know-how. From the basics of framing to advanced techniques for framing curved walls and cathedral ceilings, it’s all here for you, including 6 proven ways to build energy-smart walls.
Know-how you can’t afford to be without! Learn how the experts frame with a crane, support a cantilevered bay, frame big gable walls safely, and use double-stud walls to conserve energy. Don’t take chances and avoid trouble when you know how to:
- manage job-site mud
- choose the right framing material
- frame strong stable floors
- work with factory-built walls
- remodel a flat ceiling into a cathedral
- and so much more
The best, most comprehensive framing guide around. This latest edition of Framing Floors Walls & Ceilings is a treasure trove of trusted advice. With 350 color photographs and 50 instructive illustrations, it puts, right at your fingertips and all in one place, the best articles on all aspects of framing compiled from Fine Homebuilding, the most respected residential construction magazine in the country.