Encyclopedia of Insects, Second Edition
The second edition of this reference will continue the tradition by providing the most comprehensive, useful, and up-to-date resource for professionals. Expanded sections in forensic entomology, biotechnology and Drosphila, reflect the full update of over 300 topics. Articles contributed by over 260 high profile and internationally recognized entomologists provide definitive facts regarding all insects from ants, beetles, and butterflies to yellow jackets, zoraptera, and zygentoma.
* 66% NEW and revised content by over 200 international experts
* New chapters on Bedbugs, Ekbom Syndrome, Human History, Genomics, Vinegaroons
* Expanded sections on insect-human interactions, genomics, biotechnology, and ecology
* Each of the 273 articles updated to reflect the advances which have taken place in entomology research since the previous edition
* Features 1,000 full-color photographs, figures and tables
* A full glossary, 1,700 cross-references, 3,000 bibliographic entries, and online access save research time
* Updated with online access.